In today’s unhealthy lifestyle, it has become really difficult to avoid some of the common health disorders and acidity is one of them. However, with just a little bit of awareness and natural remedies we can cure many such disorders in seriously no time. Let’s check out some natural juices to prevent acidity.
Before that let’s understand what acidity is and what are the common causes of acidity. However, the medical term of acidity is Gastroesophageal reflux disorder, but acid flux and heartburn are the other common terms used to describe it. It arises when semi-digested food flows back in the upward direction to the esophagus which is mainly due to the over secretion of stomach acid.
Causes of Acidity
There are various causes that lead to acidity or heartburn. However, some of the most common reasons are –
- Habitual over-eating
- Poor or bad combination of foods
- Processed foods, high in salt
- Food low in fiber or too fatty
- Fluoridated or chlorinated fluid intake
- Prolonged stress
Remedies to Prevent Acidity
There are a number of medicines available in the market which promises to cure acidity in a matter of seconds. However, before trying them what’s wrong in trying some natural or home remedies to cure such common health disorders, as they do not carry any sort of side effects and can be easily found in your kitchen at any time.
Some of the Natural Drinks to Prevent Acidity –
Ginger is beneficial in curing several stomach woes including acidity. Sipping a tablespoon of ginger juice with a glass of water, half an hour before the meal can avoid improper indigestion, that means no stomach acid formation and no acidity.
A half cup of fresh carrot juice offers around 105 calories which is also a rich source of calcium, potassium, Vitamin B & C as well as Vitamin A, E, and folate. Carrot juice also acts as a great stomach detoxifier and ultimately prevents acidity.
We all are very much aware of the beauty benefits of Aloe Vera, but do you know the fresh Aloe Vera juice can prevent acidity by reducing inflammation. A half cup of Aloe Vera juice an hour before the meal can help in avoiding acidity to a great extent.
If you want to avoid acidity after having your favorite fatty food, then sip a glass of mint water after your meal to avoid any sort of discomfort.
Simple juice of lemon with a spoon of sugar and a glass of water an hour before the meal can reduce uneasiness and prevent acidity.
Apart from these juices, you can also opt for some of the below-mentioned home remedies to cure acidic fluxes or to prevent acidity –
- Make it a routine to drink a glass of warm water on a daily basis.
- Skip intake of aerated fluids or any form of caffeine, instead, you can opt for herbal tea.
- Include a glass of milk in your daily diet.
- Coconut water is a good alternative to soothe system of the individual suffering from acidic fluxes or acidity on a regular basis.
- Try to include watermelon, cucumber and banana in your diet, as they are best alternative to cure acidity.
- An individual suffering from acidity should avoid eating spicy chutneys, pickles, vinegar, etc.
- Try to eat your last meal of the day at least couple hours before going to bed to avoid heartburn.
- Keeping a long gap in between two meals can also be a cause of acidity. Hence, it is recommended to eat in regular interval, especially if you are suffering from such irritating health disorder.
- Sucking few clove pieces can also ease acidity to a great extent.
- Lemon, almonds, yogurt and jaggery are some of the foods that help in offering quick relief from heartburn or acidity.
- Smoking or drinking can be a reason for acidity, so one should quit such activity to avoid acidity.
- You can also try any flavor of chewing gum that generates more saliva and helps in moving food from the esophagus and offer relief in acidity.
- If you frequently suffer from acidity, then try to include more amount of foods like beans, cabbage, pumpkin, drumsticks, spring onion and carrot in your diet that offers quick relief in acidity.
These are simple remedies to cure not so acute acidity problem. However, if your problem is persistent, it is better to take an opinion from your healthcare provider or any expert. Moreover, if you have any queries or suggestions regarding this post please share it in our comment box.